America’s Future empowers young people to be active, civil, and curious citizens who build freer communities that lead to fulfillment, dignity, and happiness for all. They’re working toward a time in America where young people collaborate to drive change in their communities – change that equips the individual to build a free and happy life. America’s Future offers rising generations opportunities for networking, mentoring, leadership, and community engagement through their national network and extensive array of programming.
About the Role
America’s Future is hiring a Programs Coordinator! This role is a full-time position in AF’s Department of Community, reporting directly to the Director of Community. The role covers the development, management, and coordination of the Hub program, Chapter program, fellowships and seminars, and special programming. The Programs Coordinator will ensure that these programs are equipped with the training, speakers, content, and mechanisms needed to complete AF’s mission to develop lifelong, effective advocates for freedom.
The Programs Coordinator will have the growth opportunity to sharpen their event and training facilitation, design skills, and project management. They will also build relationships with the foremost thinkers, influencers, and leaders within the liberty movement.
AF’s HQ is in Washington, DC, but their team is spread across the country. Working for AF is fast-paced, fun, and rewarding. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package, plus an unlimited vacation policy. This role is open to both remote or hybrid (DC based) applicants.
This role oversees the logistics of and supports the following programs and projects: AF Fellowships, Hub and Chapter Programs (including the Community Initiative project), Membership Program, seminars, orientations, trainings, and workshops. This may include:
- Coordinate programming schedules and contractors/staff
- Coordinate with guest speakers
- Coordinate with other departments and partner organizations to promote events
- Ensure timelines and deadlines are met by AF staff
- Ensure clean and up-to-date data is kept on all AF customers and programs
- Manage event applications and registrations, logistics, promotion, and post-event follow-up using Eventbrite, Facebook, Hubspot, and Zoom
- Manage attendee data and reporting
- Create and manage programming feedback using HubSpot and Survey Monkey
- Assist in creating and leading AF-unique trainings for volunteers, leaders, Hub Directors, Chapter Leaders, and AF staff
- Compile and present monthly and quarterly activity reports
- Conduct market and product research
- Take logistical lead to create and execute the AF Membership Retreat and the AF Leadership Retreat
- Be proactive in identifying top virtual event trends and tools to ensure the best experience and topics possible for AF’s audiences
- Be available to produce events outside of typical work hours, this primarily includes evenings and occasional weekends may arise.
- Represent the AF community at conferences and networking events as needed
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Live or virtual event planning experience (preferred)
- An advocate for the values of liberty
- Project management experience (preferred)
- Technologically savvy with a willingness to identify and learn new products to best meet the needs of the programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Proficient in Salesforce, HubSpot, Canva, Zoom, Eventbrite, and social media platforms (preferred)
- Able to travel domestically (15%)
- Customer service driven
- Proactive self-starter
- Works well as part of a team or as an individual
- Capable of executing tasks with precision
- Highly organized
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter sharing a time your used your unique talents to advance freedom in your life or work, your interest in the position and America’s Future’s mission, as well as your salary requirements
Please do not apply through this posting. Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Network Engagement Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.