About Emergent Order Foundation
Emergent Order Foundation (EO.F) is a non-profit, for-purpose media studio based in Austin, TX that’s built on decades of award-winning entertainment and educational content creation by its core team whose experience includes work at Paramount, Spike TV, Webtoon, Nickelodeon, MTV and its sister production company Emergent Order. Through heroic storytelling that embodies classical virtues and that moves our audience to purposeful action, our mission at Emergent Order Foundation is to build a bottom-up movement that celebrates American freedom and the potential it unlocks in each of us. EO.F is looking for a full-time Project Manager Fellow to participate in a year-long fellowship program geared towards identifying talents and solidifying skills within the discipline, dramatically improving critical thinking and operational literacy around project management. Learn More: eo.foundation
About The Role
As the project manager fellow you’ll help plan, manage, and organize the foundation’s projects so we emerge as a well oiled machine ready for a high velocity of creative output. You’ll empower the team to produce world-class visual storytelling by building and overseeing project schedules, workflows, cross-departmental communication, monitoring the progress of projects and individual stakeholders, and keeping team leads and leadership informed along the way. You’ll report directly to our Operations Manager + Chief of Staff. In success, you will lay the foundation for the organization to meet project deadlines while ensuring individual team members have humane workloads. As part of a rapidly growing organization, your role, responsibilities and the expectations we have for your work will evolve as we do.
Core Competencies for the Role
Specific skills and experience are important, but they are far less important to us than your mindset and approach to getting the job done as part of a team. Your past experience and potential fit for the role will be judged overwhelmingly on a demonstration of the following core competencies:
You lead with integrity: You don’t cut corners or cut anyone down in the process of getting your work done. You treat everyone with dignity, respect and love. And when you see some nonsense going on, you don’t just take offense, you take action.
Deeply Inquisitive: You have a growth mindset. You’re a curious, life-long-learner, ravenous to understand the way things REALLY are, not the way you hope they’ll be or the way other’s claim them to be. Call it scientific skepticism. You want to get to the truth, and verify it through investigation and careful measurement. That way, the choices you make and advice you give are reality-based.
You Think (and Act) Fast, and Slow: You’ve got a fast, intuitive mind and HIGH velocity of work, but you’re also systems-oriented and methodical. 85% of the time, your first thought will be right, but you always take that deep breath to ask “and then what” before leaping into action. That way, you can sprint with confidence without much concern that you’ll run off a cliff Wile E. Coyote style.
You work smart, not just hard: Yes, you have the smarts and sheer grit to muscle through that stack of problems, but if a better mousetrap can be built, you build it. If it can be scripted, automated or systematized so that you and your team are freed to take on the more thorny/wicked problems, you build the robot. And, of course, you love to build robots. You relish in learning new tools. You see poetry in project management tools and databases.
Playful Problem Solver: You keep your sense of humor and take joy in Getting Things Done Right. Having a mile-long to-do list doesn’t stress you it, it invigorates you. It’s your PURPOSE to rip though that list and do it well. You’re drawn to those gordian knots like a moth to a flame. And when you cut through them, the satisfaction propels you into your next challenge with gusto. Despite your analytical bent, you don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
More Core Competencies, In Short
- You are an operator at heart, your analytical approach to everything is your passion
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are extremely resourceful
- You have a proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline
- You have a strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices
- 3 years of project management and related experience;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required;
- Ability to determine and define project scope and objectives;
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner;
- Prepare project budgets based on scope of work and resource requirements;
- Track project costs in order to meet budget;
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule, calendar and work plan;
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress;
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables;
- Familiarity with change management and guarding against scope creep;
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed; and,
- Keep all processes/procedures current and modern with regular updates of industry standards to senior leadership to keep ahead of the curve.
The Bottom Lines(s)
Who, where, when and how much, you ask?
- In this role, you will report directly to our Operations Manager + Chief of Staff.
- Our headquarters are in Austin, TX (which is awesome) and we strongly prefer that this role is filled in person. Remote work may be considered for an exceptional candidate if relocation is on the table for the no-too-distant future.
- Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
- We offer robust group PPO health insurance with a wide range of plan options (via United Healthcare’s Choice Plus Network), 401k, wellness and other benefits for full-time staff.
Please submit your application and CV here: https://eo-f.com/pm-job-pdf