Reason Foundation Internship
Internships Available at Reason Foundation
Reason offers internships in journalism, public policy, and fundraising.
Reason has internship opportunities year-round in both the Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. offices.
Internships are offered in policy research, journalism, video production and fundraising. Previous interns have gone on to work at such places as The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, ABC News, Students for Liberty, and Reason itself.
Journalism and video interns should apply at http://reason.com/intern-at-reason.
Public Policy Research Internships
Policy internships are available in both the Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. offices, and occasionally as telecommuting arrangements. Policy interns conduct policy research, draft and edit studies, and contribute to policy outreach and communications efforts in several issue areas, including:
- Pension Reform
- Drug Policy
Applicants should indicate which issue areas are of interest to them.
Internships with Reason’s fundraising team are available in both Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. offices. Fundraising interns have the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of fundraising, including donor communications, event planning, prospect research, trip planning, and direct mail. Excellent communication skills are necessary.
Policy and fundraising internships run ten weeks and include a stipend of $8,640; part-time internships can be negotiated. Start and end dates are flexible. The application deadlines for all Reason internships are:
- Summer internships begin in June, application deadline March 1
- Fall Internships begin in September, application deadline July 1
- Spring Internships begin in January, application deadline November 1
To apply, send the following elements in a single pdf file to [email protected]:
- A cover letter that describes why you want to work for Reason, your area of interest, and preferred location
- Writing or work samples. All applicants should send at least two writing samples.
Reason’s internship programs, along with all of our activities, are made possible by the generous contributions of the many individuals, foundations, and corporations that support Reason. In addition, we have three special internship funds:
- The Burton C. Gray Memorial Internship supports Reason magazine interns in the Washington, D.C. office.
- The Bud and Roseann Mattern Internship Program supports interns in all roles at Reason.
- The B & E Collins Foundation supports interns in all roles at Reason.