Scholarship Fund Administrator
Healing the Wounds of War
Career Opportunity / Position Description
Scholarship Fund Administrator
Freedom Alliance is looking for a motivated individual to serve as our Scholarship Fund Administrator who will impact young Americans whose families have served and sacrificed for our country. This individual will give college scholarships to the children of fallen or wounded military heroes and plan events which honor their families’ service.
Freedom Alliance is one of the nation’s leading military support organizations. We are a 501(c)(3) educational and charitable organization which promotes America’s heritage of freedom and supports those who defend it. Freedom Alliance makes a profound impact in the lives of combat veterans and military families, helping them overcome the wounds of war.
Title: Scholarship Fund Administrator
Position Description: Direct the organization’s efforts to provide college scholarships to the children of fallen or wounded military heroes. Coordinate outreach to scholarship recipients to offer additional avenues of engagement with the organization. Plan and deliver first-rate experiences to students which convey our appreciation for their families’ service and sacrifice.
Scholarship Fund: Manage day-to-day operations.
- Process applications from new students to confirm eligibility requirements.
- Ensure receipt and integrity of required documentation from students and schools.
- Present recommendations for approval; notify students; deliver aid to schools.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Notify students eligible for scholarship renewal and process applications.
Student Outreach: Plan and coordinate engagement with students
- Direct an entrepreneurial effort to engage students with first-rate experiences.
- Plan and execute retreats for scholarship students and attendance at events.
- Write and distribute monthly newsletter to scholarship recipients.
- Maintain records and documentation on events, achievements, and constituents.
Accountability & Qualifications
The Administrator’s performance will be measured by:
- Ability to meet scholarship goals and objectives and maintain excellent records.
- Maintain qualitative and financial integrity of the program.
- Build relationships with students, schools, families, and partners.
- Create events for students which convey appreciation for their families’ sacrifices.
- Ability to solve problems, implement solutions, and work with a team.
- Ability to inspire, have fun, and mentor in a positive and constructive manner.
- Desire to make a positive impact in the lives of very special young Americans.
- Prior military service or family military service preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years of non-profit or similar experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Gold Star / War on Terror Military Veteran community is helpful.
- Travel and flexible work schedule required at times.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Adobe Creative preferred.
- The ability to work from our headquarters in Winchester, Virginia is required.
This is a full-time position which offers a starting salary of $50k annually with great benefits including medical / dental, 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match, vacation and more.
Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
For more information, please visit: www.FreedomAlliance.org , www.FAScholarship.com or www.Facebook.com/FreedomAlliance.