Scholarship Programs Administrator – Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans – Alexandria, VA
Scholarship Programs Administrator
Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans
About the Scholarship Programs Administrator Opening:
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Educational & Alumni Programs, the Scholarship Administrator will work behind the scenes managing the systems to ensure our Scholars' successful application, awarding, and funding. The Association receives 30,000 applications and supports, on average, 4,000 students nationwide in their post-secondary journeys annually. Given the breadth of our reach, we use multiple software systems to make it all happen. The ideal candidate will either be familiar with our technologies or a fast learner, seamlessly moving from one system to another with significant attention to detail.
About the Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans:
The Horatio Alger Association is a nonprofit organization that exists to dispel the belief that the American Dream is not attainable for everyone. We are dedicated to the simple but powerful belief that hard work, honesty, and determination can conquer all obstacles. The Association honors the achievements of outstanding leaders who have accomplished remarkable success through the free-enterprise system despite adversity by bestowing upon them the Horatio Alger Award and inducting them as lifetime Members. In turn, Members support promising your people with the resources and confidence needed to overcome adversity and pursue their dreams through higher education.
- Administer application process for all scholarships in the US (Undergraduate, Graduate, CTE):
- Ensure online applications are ready for launch by opening date
- Oversee comprehensive marketing campaign for all scholarship programs in the US
- Coordinate with Manager of Scholar & Alumni Services regarding alumni and scholar involvement in application marketing
- Coordinate with application and support vendors for updates to the online scholarship applications and to incorporate best practices
- Track, in coordination with support vendors, weekly application numbers for all programs
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise to ensure seamless application process
- Administer the selection and awarding process for all U.S. scholarships.
- Produce awarding documentation
- Create online awarding forms using Form Assembly (integrated with Salesforce)
- Invite and fill open seats on each selection committee
- Communicate expectations to selection committee members based on award type
- Import all awardee information into Association’s CRM
- Administer the disbursement process for all U.S. scholarship recipients
- Produce online request forms using Form Assembly (integrated with Salesforce)
- Work with administrative team to ensure timely and accurate processing
- Review all approved requests for accuracy and alignment with donor requirements
- Submit reports to accounting firm weekly during disbursement windows
- Produce annual educational report:
- Update and impact the design of the annual report given key initiatives of the past year
- Collect pertinent data for each individual program
- Coordinate with graphic designer to produce reports
- Gather all necessary information to fulfill the reporting requirements for all scholarship donors (outside of data produced for the annual report)
- Coordinate the production and mailing/emailing of marketing materials to all scholars and alumni regarding additional grant/scholarship opportunities
- Coordinate with the Intl. Manager of Educational Programs Services to ensure the best possible student experience
- Assist with the coordination of technology infrastructure, coordinating with vendors to maintain in-office hardware and website content updates
- Maintain records, files and website sections related to areas of responsibility
- Maintain updated information in the calendar of activities for all areas of position responsibilities
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures with details of the process, timelines, sample forms and materials related to all areas of position responsibilities
- Represent the Association at professional meetings and Association activities, as requested
- As a team member of the Association, participate in Association programs and activities, as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years project management experience
- Experience using Salesforce, preferred
- Technological savviness
- Appreciation for the American Dream and the free-enterprise system
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with staff, the public, and partners
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to handle complex administrative details with experience working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and with frequent interruptions of work
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and promote a team environment.
- Project Management skills that show innovation, creativity and the ability to manage multiple and competing tasking simultaneously
- Capable of operating with minimal guidance, self-starter, strong degree of initiative
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
The Horatio Alger Association offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- health, dental, vision insurance
- disability insurance
- life insurance
- flexible spending account
- 403(b) with employer matching
- parking or transportation stipend
- paid time off and parental leave
- tuition assistance
- employee assistance program
The Horatio Alger Association is also committed to the continuous training and professional development of its team members.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter explaining how you define the American Dream and what significance this concept has had in your family's life, if any; why you are interested in the position and what qualifies you; why the Horatio Alger Association and its mission are an excellent fit for you, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.