Senior Director of Marketing
Senior Director of Marketing
Students For Liberty
About the Organization
Students For Liberty (SFL) is the largest pro-liberty student organization in the world with students active in 117 countries on every inhabited continent. With a multi-million dollar budget and 55 full-time staff members, we serve pro-liberty students in their pursuit to become leaders of liberty. Our mission is to educate, develop, and empower the next generation of leaders of liberty. We accomplish this through a strategy of empowerment, identifying the top students, and training them to be agents of change in their communities. Last school year, our students organized over 2,300 events with over 570,000 people in attendance. We are a remote, vibrant, and entrepreneurial organization working with a diverse team in the US and around the world.
About the Role
Students For Liberty is seeking an experienced Senior Director of Marketing. In this role, this person will set and guide the strategy for SFL’s international marketing team. The Senior Director of Marketing will ensure that Students For Liberty is viewed as the primary place for students around the world to be educated, developed, and empowered to be the next generation of leaders of liberty. Reporting directly to the CEO, and working entirely virtually, the Senior Director of Marketing will manage the marketing and public relations team of four to show the world the fantastic work that our students are doing in the United States and across the world.
The two main goals of the marketing team are:
- To create a funnel from student leads to applicants to our volunteer training programs utilizing our youtube channel Learn Liberty and other SFL assets.
- To acquire and cultivate donors by showcasing the incredible accomplishments of our student volunteers in the US and around the world.
SFL has sophisticated systems in place and a great product. Our marketing department has a well-maintained and utilized database in place as well as a thought-through division of labor among the team members. The marketing team is passionate and always willing to learn, grow, and adapt. The Senior Director of Marketing will have opportunities to set-up new systems and implement new ideas. The Senior Director of Marketing will also work closely together with our IT team who is world class in managing dozens of websites, databases, and other tools benefiting the marketing department.
- Lead and mentor the marketing and public relations team
- Grow SFL’s brand and engagement across multiple platforms and leverage our database with hundreds of thousands of entities
- Develop and implement paid and organic social media marketing campaigns
- Track growth and make data-driven decisions
- Create and implement processes to build a pipeline to convert viewers of our Learn Liberty channel into applicants of SFL programs
- Develop and implement the annual marketing team strategic plan including the budget
- Create marketing strategy and content in support of donor acquisition and cultivation
- Humanize SFL to our audience
- Passion for SFL’s mission, our values, and our core principles
- 3+ years leading teams
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- Versatility to be both a self-starter who takes initiative and a strong team member
- Ability to persuasively articulate the benefits of a free society and describe Student’s For Liberty’s role in achieving it
- Proficiency in digital and social media, including paid advertising
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with marketing technologies
- Experience collaborating with creative teams through the briefing, print and production process
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms and social media marketing
- Experience with search engine marketing, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords
- In-depth knowledge of running paid advertising campaigns
- Experience in marketing to donors
- Impeccable copywriting and copyediting abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Storytelling abilities and established media relations are a huge plus
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter should explain how the applicant’s skills, experience, and future goals are applicable directly to this position and how those skills relate to the mission of Students For Liberty
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.