Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner
You’ve never found an actual purple squirrel or unicorn, but your ability to find candidates with the perfect match of skills, education, and experience is legendary. Some call it magical.
At the heart of your success is your love of the hunt as well as the partnerships you have built with each of your hiring managers. You have a seat at the table when leaders are making strategic decisions and aren’t surprised when there is a staffing need. In fact, you anticipated those staffing needs through your workforce planning. Your meticulous requisition qualification and aggressive approach to sourcing and networking complete the illusion of magic. (or, are the finishing touches on your magical abilities.)
We’re seeking a mid to senior level recruiter to join our team of talent acquisition professionals. If you’re looking for a relationship-based recruiter job where you can make an impact on the organization you represent and believe in the importance of liberty and free societies…please keep reading!
Your responsibilities include:
• Partner with hiring managers to conduct workforce planning, shape and qualify requisitions and build compelling job descriptions
• Look beyond the applications and find the best candidates for our organization, leveraging multiple technologies and creative outlets
• Pick up the phone and call (or meet face to face!) with prospective candidates, schedule and conduct phone and in person interviews and promote the organization to external talent
• Extend and negotiate offers of employment, looking for win-win solutions for both the candidate and our organization
• Seek out and implement process improvements. We do our best to leverage technology and are constantly looking for more ways to improve our efficiency. We want you to dig in and help us operate efficiently and provide our candidates with an exceptional experience.
• Attend industry conferences and networking events with a plan to develop relationships and a network of referral sources
Knowledge and skills you bring to the team:
• You have 5+ years of recruiting experience
• You are an active and creative sourcer and know that sometimes the best candidates don’t come with a resume
• You have an excitement for candidate outreach—cold calls, warm calls, networking calls, etc…you love them all!
• You have strong organizational skills, are process-oriented and have an eye for details
• You’re a self-starter, can work well independently but love team collaboration and truly believe there’s no “I” in team (because there isn’t, obviously.)
• You are able to juggle numerous projects in a fast-paced environment
• You are customer focused but understand that sometimes means challenging your customer to think about something in a different way
• You are a creative problem solver and rarely, if ever, use the word “no” when dealing with a challenge
• You have a positive, can-do attitude and aren’t afraid of working on a difficult position. You enjoy the hunt and believe every position can be filled if you network with enough people.
• You are a forward, proactive thinker and believe in building talent pipelines for future needs, not just reacting to current requisitions
• You believe that free societies allow people to achieve extraordinary things for themselves and society
Standout applicants may also bring:
• Experience recruiting for mission-based organizations or in the higher education/academic space
• Strong understanding of and excitement for the principles of a free society and classical liberalism
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and the Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free and open society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and mutual benefit. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.