Special Events Manager
America’s Future Foundation (AFF) seeks an innovative and detail-oriented event planner to coordinate our Washington, DC-based flagship events.
AFF serves a passionate, ambitious, and talented young audience, and we strive to provide networking and celebratory events that add value while providing meaningful bonding experiences. AFF’s events have three primary goals: 1.) Introduce the AFF experience to a nationwide audience, 2.) Celebrate inspiring young leaders and 3.) Form lasting relationships and professional networks that empower guests to grow together.
Through fun, unique, and informative programming, AFF recruits and cultivates young professionals to become effective, lifelong advocates for liberty. AFF works with inspiring and dynamic young leaders across the country through chapters and a variety of professional development opportunities.
If you have event planning experience and are looking to boost your portfolio and flex your creative muscles, and if you have both the vision to produce an industry-leading event and the humility to assemble a nine-foot step-and-repeat backdrop, we are looking for you!
This position will coordinate a variety of events from panels to 300+ person parties to one-day retreats primarily in Washington, DC, but also in cities around the country. This has the potential to grow into a full-time role.
- Work with executive director to develop event plans that are valuable, fun, and creative
- Secure venues and vendors, and negotiate contracts for upcoming events
- Manage event execution timelines
- Oversee development of theme, branding, and promotion for events (working with the director of marketing)
- Keep event planning on time and on budget
- Manage volunteer and support staff for day-of event coordination.
- Oversee the planning and execution of Flagship Events: Reaganpalooza (March 1, 2019), Buckley Awards Gala (May) and Fall Festival (October)
- Plan and coordinate Welcome to Washington events (June & September) in partnership with allied organizations
- Plan additional smaller events that advance AFF’s goals throughout the year.
- Demonstrated success in planning events
- A visionary mindset to help AFF take these events to the next level
- Strong eye for event design
- High levels of organization and attention to detail
- Experience developing dynamic and attractive sponsorship packages is a plus
AFF is also willing to consider proposals from planners working on a per-project basis. To be considered for this role, please upload a cover letter containing links to at least three examples of your work and a resume.