Students For Liberty – Development Officer
Students For Liberty (SFL) is an international non-profit organization working to advance the ideas of liberty on college campuses in the US and around the world. Passionate volunteers supported by hard-working and entrepreneurial staff have allowed SFL to constantly grow and expand while keeping the organizational structures as lean as possible.
The SFL team is passionate about liberty and shares SFL’s vision of social change and the importance of making the world a freer place. SFL team members go the extra mile in order to make sure that more students around the world can benefit from our programs and resources.
Working for SFL is similar to working at a tech startup. We pride ourselves on fast growth, hard work, quick advancement to a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, embracing entrepreneurship within the organization, and a passion for the product: liberty.
Skills and Competencies
We are looking for someone with concrete demonstrable experience in the following area:
A demonstrable track record of personal success in raising funds from individual donors and/or foundations. The ability to ‘close the deal’ with donors of all kinds. An action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and systematic approach to fundraising. A persuasive and passionate communicator with the ability to influence and advocate Students For Liberty’s work to a diverse pool of donors. Being well networked among donors or prospective would be a major advantage.
As a Development Officer, you`ll need to:
- Build relationships with existing Students For Liberty donors
- Review and refine the company’s sales forecasting model and pitch deck, providing edits or reworking the materials entirely, as needed
- Develop an understanding of the existing donors through careful research and analysis of donors in the portfolio
- Understand and communicate the long-term goals and vision of the organization.
- Create fundraising plans to fulfill the mission and goals of SFL.
- Oversee lead generation, cultivation, and solicitation of donors, foundations, and partners.
- Ensure donor and partner follow up and satisfaction.
- Maintaining the accuracy of data within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System, Salesforce.
- Familiarity with Students For Liberty and the ideas of liberty.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Dedication to providing great service to our donors and partners.
- Motivated to work autonomously with an entrepreneurial drive in a remote environment.
- Strong sense of empathy and great listening skills.
- Meticulous record-keeping.
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain discretion.
- Bachelor`s Degree
Preferred, but not required:
- Proficiency in G-Suite.
- Salesforce experience.
- Experience with remote work.
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising.
Anyone interested in applying for the position should submit a cover letter, any examples of previous work, and resume to Oya Flemr at [email protected]tsforliberty.org. We will reach out to all candidates whose applications we wish to consider.
Deadline: March 1st, 2020