About The Role
Emergent Order Foundation is looking for a creative and technically savvy Video Editor with 10+ years of experience to help deliver best-in-class content for their Dad Saves America YouTube channel and other initiatives aligned with the foundation’s mission to promote classical virtues through heroic storytelling. The Video Editor will work with the Head of Post Production as well as with the Production and Marketing teams to edit video content for our shows, clips, video essays, short documentaries and other short-form content. They must have an eye for detail and ensure that the foundation’s content is of the highest quality found on YouTube or TV while meeting the deadlines associated with the content calendar and our audience’s expectations. Experience in Apple Final Cut Pro as well as familiarity with color correction, basic audio enhancement, applying graphics, and video compression for the web is preferred.
Candidates must provide a link to their demo reel or relevant samples to be considered for this position. The most suitable candidates will showcase their experience editing quickly paced YouTube and (or) network promo style content which incorporates graphics and musical transitions to progress the story and capture the viewer's attention.
About Emergent Order Foundation
Emergent Order Foundation (EO.F) is a non-profit, for-purpose media studio based in Austin, TX that’s built on decades of award-winning entertainment and educational content creation by its core team whose experience includes work at Paramount, Spike TV, Webtoon, Nickelodeon, MTV and its sister production company Emergent Order. Through heroic storytelling that embodies classical virtues and that moves our audience to purposeful action, our mission at Emergent Order Foundation is to build a bottom-up movement that celebrates American freedom and the potential it unlocks in each of us. Learn More: eo.foundation
Core Competencies for the Role
Specific skills and experience are important, but they are far less important to us than your mindset and approach to getting the job done as part of a team. Your past experience and potential fit for the role will be judged overwhelmingly on a demonstration of the following core competencies:
You lead with integrity: You don’t cut corners or cut anyone down in the process of getting your work done. You treat everyone with dignity, respect and love. And when you see some nonsense going on, you don’t just take offense, you take action.
Deeply Inquisitive: You have a growth mindset. You’re a curious, life-long-learner, ravenous to understand the way things REALLY are, not the way you hope they’ll be or the way other’s claim them to be. Call it scientific skepticism. You want to get to the truth, and verify it through investigation and careful measurement. That way, the choices you make and advice you give are reality-based.
You Think (and Act) Fast, and Slow: You’ve got a fast, intuitive mind and HIGH velocity of work, but you’re also systems-oriented and methodical. 85% of the time, your first thought will be right, but you always take that deep breath to ask “and then what” before leaping into action. That way, you can sprint with confidence without much concern that you’ll run off a cliff Wile E. Coyote style.
You work smart, not just hard: Yes, you have the smarts and sheer grit to muscle through that stack of problems, but if a better mousetrap can be built, you build it. If it can be scripted, automated or systematized so that you and your team are freed to take on the more thorny/wicked problems, you build the robot. And, of course, you love to build robots. You relish in learning new tools. You see poetry in project management tools and databases.
Playful Problem Solver: You keep your sense of humor and take joy in Getting Things Done Right. Having a mile-long to-do list doesn’t stress you it, it invigorates you. It’s your PURPOSE to rip though that list and do it well. You’re drawn to those gordian knots like a moth to a flame. And when you cut through them, the satisfaction propels you into your next challenge with gusto. Despite your analytical bent, you don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
The Details & Primary Responsibilities
- Creatively collaborate with producers, directors, marketing, art director and designers to assemble and deliver finished videos from material filmed in EOF’s studio or in the field;
- Communicate accurately with key stakeholders to maintain best practices for media workflow for prep, production, post and archiving;
- Mentor Assistant and Apprentice Editor and ensure all materials are being transcoded, transcribed, synchronized and assembled in time to for final editing;
- Edit long-form shows (video podcasts), video essays, short documentaries, shorts and prepare clip-outs from multi-cam footage filmed in EOF’s 4K studio and(or) in the field using Apple Final Cut Pro;
- Sources and edits appropriate music and sound effects from pre-selected libraries;
- Follow style guides and templates to create titles, graphics, and animations;
- Implement feedback from stakeholders;
- Finish videos by applying preset LUT’s to footage, importing sound mixes and exporting final deliverables using preset compression settings;
- Have an eye for quality and ensure all final deliverables are free from technical deficiencies;
- Track multiple simultaneous projects in different stages of completion with the help of a task management system.
- Must have a professional reel or samples of relevant work
- 5+ years professional video editing experience
- 2+ years of using Apple Final Cut Pro with experience taking projects from assembly through final delivery
- Familiarity with multi-cam editing workflow
- Experience taking videos from script through distribution
- Experience working with daily and weekly content delivery deadlines
- Able to multitask and prioritize projects based on feedback and content deadlines
- Experience following a style guide and applying graphics and audio assets to create videos that are consistently on-brand
- 10+ years professional video editing experience;
- 5+ years of using Apple Final Cut Pro;
- Experience creating titles and generating original motion graphics using After Effects and Motion templates;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or issues;
- Must demonstrate strong and fluent editorial techniques through proper timing, pacing, organization, and asset management within a timeline;
- Strong Mac computer skills;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Proficiency in Motion, After effects, and Photoshop;
- Thorough understanding of online video and social media best practices, platforms, and their technical specifications.
The Bottom Lines(s)
Who, where, when and how much, you ask?
- In this role, you will report directly to Joshua Meyers, Head of Post Production and Chief of Technology;
- Work from our headquarters are in Austin, TX (which is awesome);
- Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate;
- We offer robust group PPO health insurance with a wide range of plan options (via United Healthcare’s Choice Plus Network), 401k, wellness and other benefits for full-time staff.
Please submit your application and CV here: