Website and Data Coordinator
If you’re a creative self-starter with an interest in uploading and maintaining online content that highlights long-term human progress on a global scale, join the HumanProgress.org team. The data-driven, empirical content that you will upload and maintain serves as a key resource for students, scholars, journalists, policymakers, and the public to stimulate an intelligent debate on the drivers of human progress.
As a Website and Data Coordinator, you’ll update articles, charts, and news on the homepage daily and ensure that all other pages are frequently updated with new content. You’ll choose complementary images to ensure that the website is aesthetically consistent, produce arresting headlines to increase traffic, and interact with authors and editors to ensure that articles we post are grammatically and structurally sound. You’ll also be responsible for the accuracy of data uploads and overall quality control, including review of past articles.
The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization—a think tank—dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues.
Founded in 1977, Cato owes its name to Cato’s Letters, a series of essays published in 18th-century England that presented a vision of a society free from excessive government power. Those essays inspired the architects of the American Revolution. And the simple, timeless principles of that revolution — individual liberty, limited government, and free markets – turn out to be even more powerful in today’s world of global markets and unprecedented access to information than Jefferson or Madison could have imagined. Social and economic freedom is not just the best policy for a free people, it is the indispensable framework for the future.
The Cato Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Update and maintain articles, charts, and news on the Human Progress homepage
- Choose complementary images to ensure that the website is aesthetically consistent
- Ensure all other related pages are frequently updated with new content
- Produce arresting headlines that increase traffic, and track daily web demand
- Maintain overall quality control, including review of past articles
- Liaise directly with authors and editors to ensure articles are grammatically correct and structurally sound
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while communicating timely update
- Aesthetic sensibility for content selection and design
- Interest in data management
- Independent, enthusiastic, hard-working, proactive, reliable, and punctual
Click here to apply