AF-Chicago: Protecting Our Liberties with Appellate Court Justice Sharon Johnson
September 18, 2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Chef Art Smith’s Reunion
600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
Join AF-Chicago and Appellate Court Justice Sharon O. Johnson as we discuss the role of the judiciary in protecting our rights and liberties.
A proven leader among judges, before joining the Illinois Judiciary, Justice Johnson owned a small boutique law firm for 13 years, worked for the Chicago Mayor’s Office of Employment and Training, served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Lawrence M. Lawson of the New Jersey Superior Court, and externed for the United States Department of Justice. A native of Illinois, Justice Johnson is a proud graduate of Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, and Howard University School of Law, in Washington, D.C.
This event includes:
– A roundtable discussion with Justice Johnson
– Brief Q&A questions must be submitted to the chapter leader 3 days prior to the event
– Hosted on the iconic Navy Pier @ Chef Art’s Reunion (Chef Art’s Smiths amazing restaurant on the pier)
– Drink tickets are available for the first 20 guests
– Amazing food, including shrimp & grits, fried green tomatoes, and more
– Networking with young professionals throughout the Chicagoland area
– Beautiful views and a great time