America’s Future celebrates young leaders who advance freedom and opportunities for themselves and others every day. Our Awards highlight leaders to watch, those going above and beyond to make a difference at the state, local, national, and cultural levels.
Nominate a young leader you know who’s making a difference for freedom!
The Annual Buckley Awards celebrate the young leaders making strides to advance freedom and prosperity across the country on a national scale.
Organized by the Young Conservatives Coalition from 2010 to 2016, The Buckley Awards began as a way to recognize outstanding young professional conservatives for their above-and-beyond service to the conservative movement and the spirit of fusionism. The award is in honor of William F. Buckley, Jr., who before the age of 30 became the leader of the early conservative movement championing conservative fusion – a philosophy that brought together various strands of conservatism to work together to achieve political success and conserve America’s founding principles. America’s Future proudly took over management of the Buckley Awards from YCC in 2017.
Buckley Award Nominees:
1. Must be nominated by someone other than themselves
2. Must be between the ages of 22-40, and must identify as liberty-minded
3. Must have made a significant contribution to the advancement of freedom at large by either:
– Leading or organizing a significant grassroots or media initiative at the local or national level
– Significantly contributing to the advancement or understanding of the ideas of a free society
– Meaningfully impacting news coverage of a high profile issue in the last 12 months (March 2021 – present)
– Displaying courage and grace under fire