The Buckley Awards
Nominate a young leader you know who’s making a difference for freedom!
The Annual Buckley Awards celebrate the young leaders making strides to advance freedom and prosperity in their communities across the country.
Do you know a young leader who believes that free markets and limited government better the lives and happiness of all and have made it their mission to advance these values? Help us to celebrate the courage, service, and dedication of these liberty-minded young professionals by nominating a leader that inspires you by September 3, 2021!
Buckley Award Nominees:
1. Must be nominated by someone other than themselves
2. Must be between the ages of 22-40, and must identify as liberty-minded
3. Made a significant contribution to the advancement of freedom at large by either:
– Leading or organizing a significant grassroots or media initiative at the local or national level
– Significantly contributing to the advancement or understanding of the ideas of a free society
– Meaningfully impacting news coverage of a high profile issue in the last 12 months (October 2020 – present)
– Displaying courage and grace under fire
Past Buckley Award Winners
2020 Buckley Awards
Corey DeAngelis – American Federation for Children
Justin Owen – Beacon Center of Tennessee and Beacon Impact
Jessica Anderson – Heritage Action
Daniel Erspamer – The Pelican Institute
Casey Given – Young Voices
2019 Buckley Awards
Austin Berg – Illinois Policy Institute
Brooke Fallon – Institute for Justice
Richard Lorenc – Foundation for Economic Education
Aaron Rice – Mississippi Justice Institute
Matt Warner – Atlas Network
(2019 winners pictured left)
Organized by the Young Conservatives Coalition from 2010-2016, The Buckley Awards began as a way to recognize outstanding young professional conservatives for their above-and-beyond service to the conservative movement. The award is in honor of William F. Buckley, Jr., who before the age of 30 became the leader of the early conservative movement championing conservative fusion – a philosophy that brought together various strands of conservatism to work together to achieve political success and conserve America’s founding principles. America’s Future proudly took over management of the Buckley Awards from YCC in 2017.