Step 1: Get Involved & Get Rewards
Help our events run smoothly, interact with DC experts, and meet newcomers like you! Individuals who volunteer regularly can receive:
- Free membership for a year or
- 75% off a Gala ticket
If you're just starting out in D.C. and hope to get more involved while expanding your network, volunteering for AFF is great first step. Responsibilities include assisting with registration, setup, and take down for events with an eye for customer service.
Step 2: Become a Member
AFF members get the best AFF's offerings. Our members get preference when it comes to volunteer opportunities and receive access to exclusive events to recognize their commitment.
If you have any questions or want to meet in-person, please email Brit Vorreiter at email@example.com.
Members of all levels receive:
- Access to AFF networking connections and mentorship
- Free or discounted admission to roundtables, luncheons, and special events (Annual Gala, Fall Crabfest)
- Invitations to special Members-Only events, like wine tasting and exclusive briefings
- Preferred status to get involved and build on your resume via leadership and speaking opportunities
- Exclusive member newsletter
- Public acknowledgement of professional accomplishments
- Introductions to successful liberty connections
Step 3: Apply to be an AFF Ambassador
Ambassadors are elite volunteers and members of AFF's network chosen for leadership opportunities and project management.
Ambassadors are responsible for short term projects in the fields of program logistics, development, public speaking, membership, outreach, and writing. At the monthly meetings, Ambassadors offer feedback and innovative solutions and report the current status of ongoing projects.
Applicants will be chosen by AFF staff and current Ambassadors.
A great candidate for an Ambassador position would:
- Be an AFF member of have been actively involved in AFF for 6 months
- Have great organization skills
- Experience with deadlines and following up on deliverables
- Volunteer ideas on how to improve AFF's strategy and goals
- Attend most monthly meetings
There are no strict requirements for the Ambassador Program - Ambassadors attend meetings when they are free and accept ownership of projects when they have time.
AFF Success Stories
The opportunities provided through America’s Future Foundation give me the chance to hone skills and expand my professional network in a way I can’t during the course of my day job. In addition to working with an exciting group of colleagues to brainstorm interesting topics and schedule events, I’m able to take ownership of the issue of my choice. AFF allows me to research and work in a policy space I would not typically get to enjoy, making it an incredibly stimulating and rewarding experience. I know it will serve me well throughout my career, and I’m incredibly grateful to AFF for the opportunity to contribute!