Start a New AFF Chapter
Get paid to advance liberty in your city and inspire your peers for free markets and limited government. We’re always looking for entrepreneurial young leaders who are passionate about the ideas of liberty to join us in our mission. As a chapter leader you will plan and organize unique and fun opportunities for young professionals in your community to learn about free market ideas and develop the skills to become advocates for liberty.
Our team will help you start your chapter and provide resources to ensure your chapter launch is a success. Furthermore, we will continue to offer guidance and support as you grow and establish your chapter, so you can focus on hosting quality programs to build the liberty movement in your city.
Chapter Leader Resources and Benefits:
Chapter leaders develop professional skills and gain exceptional leadership experience while at the same time advance the ideas of liberty and a free society in their city. Leaders receive a quarterly stipend along with the following benefits:
- Access to a robust national network of like-minded friends, speakers, and opportunities.
- Training and mentoring on best practices, based on 25+ other successful chapters.
- Collaboration key leaders, elected officials, and academic experts in your state.
- Connection to chapter leaders in other cities for resources, support, and program ideas.
- Invitations to exclusive events and trainings to build your skills and your network.
- Incentives for growth of your chapter.
- Attendance at AFFʼs Annual Chapter Leadership Retreat
Chapter Leader Expectations:
- Time commitment of approximately 10-15 hours/month. Some months may be more or less depending on the number of events and/or volunteers in your chapter.
- Identify Advisory Board members and volunteers to support your chapter and plan for sustained success.
- Host a minimum of 4 events per year (1 per quarter).
- Programs will be on policy, community, or professional development, but may not be political in nature.
- Outreach and recruitment focused on young professionals. All are welcome to attend AFF events, but the target audience are young leaders in your community (approx. 22-40 years old).
- Submit regular program information, budget reporting, and updates to the AFF national team.
If you have any questions, contact Leah Whetstone at email@example.com.