Build Your Skills and Increase Freedom in Your Community
Get Involved with your Chapter
We’re always looking for people to help coordinate programs and events. Lend your expertise to support the chapter, or expand your skills by stepping into a new role. Volunteers have the opportunity to work with the chapter leaders to host fun programs, meet guest speakers, and promote liberty to their peers.
Join Your Chapter’s Advisory Board
Make a significant impact in your community and help grow your local chapter by serving as an advisory board member. Advisory board members work closely with the chapter leaders to plan and coordinate events, engage with members, promote the chapter, and offer guidance and support.
Start a New AFF Chapter
Get paid to advance liberty in your city and inspire your peers for free markets and limited government. We’re always looking for entrepreneurial young leaders who are passionate about the ideas of liberty to join us in our mission. As a chapter leader you will plan and organize unique and fun opportunities for young professionals in your community to learn about free market ideas and develop the skills to become advocates for liberty.
Our team will help you start your chapter and provide resources to ensure your chapter launch is a success. Furthermore, we will continue to offer guidance and support as you grow and establish your chapter, so you can focus on hosting quality programs to build the liberty movement in your city.
Chapter Leader Resources and Benefits:
Chapter leaders develop professional skills and gain exceptional leadership experience while at the same time advance the ideas of liberty and a free society in their city. Leaders receive a quarterly stipend along with the following benefits:
- Access to a robust national network of like-minded friends, speakers, and opportunities.
- Training and mentoring on best practices, based on 25+ other successful chapters.
- Collaboration key leaders, elected officials, and academic experts in your state.
- Connection to chapter leaders in other cities for resources, support, and program ideas.
- Invitations to exclusive events and trainings to build your skills and your network.
- Incentives for growth of your chapter.
- Attendance at AFFʼs Annual Chapter Leadership Retreat
Chapter Leader Expectations:
- Time commitment of approximately 10-15 hours/month. Some months may be more or less depending on the number of events and/or volunteers in your chapter.
- Identify Advisory Board members and volunteers to support your chapter and plan for sustained success.
- Host a minimum of 4 events per year (1 per quarter).
- Programs will be on policy, community, or professional development, but may not be political in nature.
- Outreach and recruitment focused on young professionals. All are welcome to attend AFF events, but the target audience are young leaders in your community (approx. 22-40 years old).
- Submit regular program information, budget reporting, and updates to the AFF national team.
If you have any questions, contact Cindy Cerquitella at [email protected]
Join Our Pilot Membership Program
The AFF membership program is your ticket to advancing your career, building your social network, and giving you the tools to advance freedom, right from your living room or town square, all for one low annual fee.
We want to make sure we get this just right, so before we open up membership to the masses, we want to test it with a select few of you. If you’re looking for ways to have meaningful conversations, if you’re looking for ways to help your communities rebuild as the economy reopens, if you’re looking to lead from wherever you are, we invite you to join our Membership Pilot program. We’ll only accept 50 applicants for the first phase of this test, so get your application in soon!
As an AFF Pilot Member you’ll get:
- Access to exclusive briefings from nationally renowned leaders on the most pressing issues of the day.
- Tailor-made event kits that will help you explore topics and issues in small groups (complete with sample playlists and drink pairings)
- Curated ideas for how to take local action, support freedom-aligned groups and advocate for what you believe in.
- Free membership for 12 months, once this program goes live (including access to free or discounted tickets to AFF’s major events and other perks)
If AFF membership sounds like the cure to your COVID-induced summertime blues, submit an application by July 16. We can’t wait to get to know you better! (Remember, we’re only opening up 50 spots for this phase, so apply now!)
For questions, please contact [email protected]